What to do at Easterkim
As Easter approaches, many people are planning a weekend away or a catchup with family. However, with COVID and the recent floods in many areas, many of us will be celebrating Easter at home.
If you’re staying at home for Easter and are not sure what to do, you’ve come to the right place.
- Explore the area that you live in. Go somewhere you haven’t been before. Take the family or some friends and go for a hike.
- Have an Easter egg hunt; perfect for the young and the young at heart. Children love searching for chocolate eggs and the not so young could search for a golden egg with a dollar value placed on it (e.g $20.00) or an Easter gift.
- Dye Easter eggs. A great activity to do with children or just as decorations for Easter. Eggs can be hard boiled or blown and can be dyed with natural dye or with store bought dyes. Another variation on this idea is to decorate the eggs with textas.
- Have an Easter movie marathon. Choose your movies which may include a few Easter movies, pop the popcorn and sit back and relax.
- Go on an Easter picnic, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Pack your favourite foods, a few drinks, find a tranquil setting and sit back and enjoy. Don’t forget the Easter eggs.
- Catch up on some “to do” items around the house. With a long weekend for Easter, this is a perfect time to tackle a project that you don’t normally have time for or to do some odd jobs.
There are so many wonderful things to do when you have a longer weekend than normal. We would love to hear what you do at Easter.