Everyone has to deal with a lack of motivation at some time in their lives. Lack of motivation or low motivation can occur in your business life and your personal life and regardless of what walk of life you come from, no-one is immune to it. The question is, what can you do when you're feeling low?
1. Read, listen and/or watch positive things. If you are feeling down, read a positive book or a list of inspirational quotes. Listen to a CD with a positive message or music that makes you feel energised and happy. Watch a show or movie that makes you laugh! Above all, surround yourself with positive things that you are influenced by.
2. Make a list of all the things that you have to do, including the things that you want to do and this will make it easier to tackle them.
3. Take that list you've created and tackle some of that list EVERY DAY. Don't try to do everything at once! Cross each item off the list as you do it. By doing this you will be able to see how much you have done, which in turn will increase motivation and positive energy.
4. Minimise contact with negative people! This is not always possible but do it as much as you can. People that are consistently negative tend to bring those around them, down.
5. Maximise time with people that energise and refuel you! Studies have found that humans take on the characteristics and attitudes of the people that they spend the most time with. Associate with people that make you want to “do” and “be” better.
6. Above all, laugh. It is virtually impossible to feel negative or low when you laugh. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals and these endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being. When we feel good we feel motivated.