Business gift giving solidifies the relationships that you have with existing clients and help to re-establish and/or strengthen relationships with the occasional customer. It is also a way to show new customers how much you value them choosing to use your business.
In all business, especially small business, price competition is thriving and due to the fact that you can only discount prices so far, you have to give your clients other reasons to show loyalty to your company. A gift box or gift hamper, specifically designed with your message in mind, can be just the thing to do this. However, it is important to remember some basic rules.
1. Ensure that the gift you give reflects your company and that the quality is of a high standard.
2. Give a gift that is self-indulgent for the recipient; something that they can enjoy themselves.
3. Know enough about your client to ensure that you will select a gift that they will value and ensure that your gift is culturally correct.
4. Include a personal, handwritten message with your gift, telling the customer exactly what you are thanking them for. A handwritten note accompanying a gift has a far more positive impact than a printed message.
5. Gift giving to clients can be done at any time of the year. Don't limit expressing your business gratitude to one particular occasion or time of the year.
"It is the thought that counts." We have all heard this saying and customer or client gifts are no different. You want to show your gratitude for a client/customer's business so take the time to ensure that you choose the perfect gift.